Pahela Baishakh composition







Pahela Baishakh
Baishakh is the first month of Balgla year and Pahela Baishakh is the first day of it. So it bears great significance to us. Pahela Baishakh is observed with traditional festiveity as a part of our national culture. This year Pahela Baishakh was observed on Saturday, the 14th of April. I observed the day with a lot of fun and amusement.
I got up early in the morning and went to Ramna Batamul with my friends. As usual, Chhayanat, a leading cultural organization of the country arranged colorful programme of songs and dance. I was felling happy and excited to be a part of a large number of people- male and female attending the function in colorful dresses. There were small stalls of watered rich with Hilsha fish. I visited one of them and had a plate of it.
I also was excited to see the students and teachers of the Institute of Fine Arts of Dhaka university who brought out a colorful procession at 90:30 am. They carried festoons, placards, posters and banners wearing masks to welcome the bangle new year. We joined the procession up to the Press Club.
I spent the whole day enjoying various other activities. I joined a discussion meeting followed by a cultural function. Our teachers and eminent scholars spoke on the occasion. I recited a poem of Rabindranth Tagore and won mush applause. At sunset our school building was illuminated with candle lights. Different cultural organizations such as Bangla Academy, Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy, Bangladesh National Museum arranged literary and cultural programmes. National dailies brought out special supplements and BTV, ATN, NTV, Channal I, RTV, Baishakhi, Bangladesh Betar etc. aired special programmes. I enjoyed these programmes with the members of my family at night.
Pahela Baishakh is the day of festivity and joy in which all the Bengalis join. They feel akin to one single spirit i.e. the Bengali identity and culture. I think that Pahela baishakh is an important day us to stand together and work united for a common goal i.e. a beautiful and prosperous Bangladesh.


composition

1 comment: